There are nine stats, categorized as physical, social, and mental. They represent the basic attributes of a person, not related to their accumulated learning or training.
Stats for humans go 0-5. For deities and powerful spirits, it is possible to go above 5.
- 0 is below average. A child would have STR 0.
- 1 is human average. An adult would have STR 1.
- 2 is above average. A village strongman would have STR 2.
- 3 is immense. A mercenary would have STR 3.
- 4 is extraordinary. A renowned hero would have STR 4.
- 5 is superhuman. A mythical hero would have STR 5.
- Strength is physical power, used for attacking and also for other athletic actions like lifting or jumping.
- Dexterity is agility, hand-eye coordination, and reflexes. It’s used for anything that requires speed or control.
- Stamina is a character’s general health and endurance, the number of hits a character can take before falling.
- Charisma reflects likeability and force of personality. People feel drawn towards those with high CHA.
- Manipulation is used for coercion, trickery, and persuasion. It’s getting people to do what you want them to.
- Composure is social grace and unflappability. It’s used to stay focused, to remain calm, and to hide emotions.
- Perception is the ability to accurately observe and interpret what happens around you.
- Intelligence memory and reasoning, the ability to analyze information and deduce facts.
- Wits is thinking and reacting quickly, the ability to respond to change as soon as it happens.
Skills for humans go from 0-5.
- 0 reflects no training at all. A person with no medical training has Medicine 0.
- 1 reflects a dabbler’s training. An apprentice has Medicine 1.
- 2 reflects thorough training. A has Medicine 2.
- 3 reflects expertise and experience. A village doctor has Medicine 3.
- 4 reflects skill worthy of great renown. A city surgeon has Medicine 4.
- 5 reflects mastery. A miracle worker has Medicine 5.
List of skills
- Martial Arts
Powers are special attacks or spells. Special attacks and spells are exactly what they sound like.
Powers should be balanced primarily by charge-up time and the length of their cooldown. Impressive powers may take several minutes to channel before activating and/or can only be used once a day.
An average adventurer begins with 150 experience. Novice characters may have less exp, and veterans may have more.
Each point of a stat costs its value * 5 exp.
The first point of a stat costs 5 exp. The second costs 10 exp. The third is 15 exp, and so on. To bring your stat from 0 to 2, it would cost 15 exp.
Each point of a skill costs its value in exp.
The first point of a skill is 1 exp. The second costs 2 exp. The third is 3 exp, and so on. To bring your skill from 0 to 2, it would cost 3 exp.
Each power costs 5 exp. Particularly impressive powers may cost 10 exp or more.